Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I800A Approved and Dossier on its Way to Poland!

On Friday, I called the USCIS and was told our I800a had been approved the day before (March 8)!  We received the Approval letter in the mail on Monday, March 12.  That afternoon I took it to the state capitol to be authenticated, added it to the stack of documents known as our Dossier and sent it via Fedex to our agency.

I am happy to report that our worker at the agency emailed today to say that she had just received our Dossier and that she was sending it back out with Fedex today to Poland!

Here is a photograph of all of the documents we were required to gather from various states, agencies, departments, etc., ie., this is the Dossier (minus the Approval letter which I had not authenticated yet).  The page on top of each of the 30 documents bares the $10 gold apostille (authentication) seal.  An apostille is the State's authentication of the notary's signature.  So each document is notarized and apostilled.



Now, to count down the days to completion of translation and submission to the Polish government!

1 comment: