Friday, June 8, 2012

Getting Closer

Plane Tickets

We have our plane tickets and our apartment booked.  By some strange twist of fate, Matt and I are leaving on the same flight to Detroit but are on different flights to Amsterdam but then on the same flight to Warsaw.  I have a pretty good idea that this is because we booked Matt's ticket through the rewards page of our credit card (so it was basically free!) and mine through travelocity.  We tried really hard to make sure the flights were the same, but what can you do?  :-)  A very minor worry.  I will try to get them to change me to Matt's flight without the fee tomorrow but we'll live if they won't.  At least we will arrive in Warsaw together.

I booked Lukasz' flight home!  He will travel as a lap infant at a VERY small percentage of my ticket price.  Usually, they require an adoptive infant to pay a full one way ticket fare because they have to travel on their foreign passport (they don't technically become citizens until they touchdown in the US).  I lucked out and the lady I spoke to on the phone was absolutely sweet and worked to get the lower price from her supervisor AND told me she notated the ticket in the system not to charge us the paper ticketing fee "so make sure to remind them not to charge you."  I have to pay for and pick the ticket up in person at the Delta ticket counter at the airport tomorrow.  Hopefully, that goes well.  Then, since it is a paper ticket, I have to make sure not to lose it between tomorrow and August.

Strollers


I am finding many things I didn't think about as far as travel.  I planned to take a folding stroller (a little more robust than an umbrella stroller) which does not count toward your checked baggage allowance if you are traveling with a child.  Then I realized I am not traveling with a child on the way out so it will cost me $80 to check since we only get ONE piece of check luggage (crazy for international, if you ask me).   So that's another favor I have to ask the Delta ticket counter--try to sweet talk them into not charging me to take the stroller.

If they won't help me, we will just buy a cruddy little umbrella stroller in Poland.  Which I must add, Matt and I HATE the typical cheapie umbrella stroller ONLY because the handles are never high enough for either of us and we end pushing the stroller hunched over with our feet kicking the back at every step.  It'll be worth it, though.

Apartment


Finally, our apartment!  So looking forward to it.  Walking distance to many museums and parks and the old part of Warsaw.  Here is a link to it with pictures:

http://www.pandoapartments.com.pl/warasaw-old-town-holiday-apartments.html

No comments:

Post a Comment