Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Update and More Worry!

Ok.  I am a worrier.  I am actually so stressed that I am light head and about to have a panic attack--the heart rate's rising, constriction in my chest and I feel my blood pressure dropping but I am fighting off the black out.  I have had them before--when Matt had his mystery infection and they thought he might have lymphoma.  I had to go on a sedative, but I digress.  

We just got an update from our agency that I know was intended to be reassuring but has had the exact opposite affect on me.  Here it is:


Kane family
Ewa is going to finish translation of the dossier by Tuesday next week. Catholic Center commission is on April 16 and I hope the family is qualified then. After the commission qualifies the family I need to get approval from Polish Central Authority. Then I will email you all the documents for I-800A.As for Lukasz, he is going to be transferred to a foster family just after Easter. Bozena, his legal guardian, is absolutely sure it will be very good for him. He longs for close contact and attention but he does not get it in the Institution. He will be the only child in the foster family, so they will take care of all his needs well. They know they will have him just for a short period of time.


Um, DO they know they will only have him a short period of time?  Do they?  Do they?  They have 3 or 4 weeks with this cutie pie and they won't want to adopt him?  I think not.  So I have to worry about whether we will actually get his referral for another 3 or 4 weeks!

So, here is my response to the agency.  Finally realizing that Luka actually IS in the care of the Catholic Center and that Poland really is so Catholic oriented, I am hitting myself in the face that I didn't make our faith more clear.  Of course, I am grasping at anything that I can look to as something I can fix.  I am hoping our agency will give me ANY reassurance:



Thanks, Nina!

But I don't know whether to be excited or cry or throw-up.  I am now totally afraid the foster family will want to adopt Luka (although I am glad he will get lots of hugs and kisses).  

So it sounds like 3 or 4 weeks to get our official referral?  I'm so nervous now about whether they will give him to us or not.  Is there anything else we can do?  Should I get a letter from our priest?  Our baptismal/confirmation certificates/records?  I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.  Should we write another letter?  I don't know if we stressed enough that we are practicing Catholics and involved with our church.

Sorry, I am just feeling the nerves now.  I'm a worrier, can you tell?

Susan

Please!!!!! Send me any good, calming thoughts you can spare.  If I had a bathtub (renovations going on a year not complete), I'd have a glass of wine (or two or three) and soak.  But I don't.  And I have experience trying to run with panic attack inducing thoughts running through my head.  It's not good.  Anyone have suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment